Thursday, July 30, 2009

Thing 13 Empressr

This is an update- I had to delete my first 13 Empressr because it took forever!!! to load and almost froze our computer. I had loaded 4 videos of white water rafting:)
So this is the orginal posting from July 22:

Sorry, empressr was not impressive for this first try. I was all excited to upload and share my white water rafting videos, but it took 6 hours of frustration to get 5 short videos done. I think these programs are really geared to slides, not videos (maybe my stuff used too much 'space').
But I liked it for the ease of showing, and my husband was all excited by the sites for work.
My reflection: This stuff will make life easier and more fun. I love not having to use thumb drives or look at the family calendar that is only in the kitchen. Now no matter where I am, I have access to what I want to know or do.
This is way way cool and fun.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Joyce. I'm just beginning thing #12. Your rafting looked like fun where were you? Back when, I used to go to Ohiopyle PA on the Youghagany river and the Cheat.(sp.)Take care and keep doing "THINGS". LOL
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I had a lot of trouble with Zoho Show; another website suggested for this task. I don't doubt it will be valuable to have 24/7 access to our files but in my situation access is the key! What do we do about those students that don't have computers or internet access?

    ReplyDelete