Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Thing 10 Family Vacation Wiki

Things just have to be usefully in my life, so I created a wiki about where our extended family should vacation next year. I created the first entry, set it up as a data spreadsheet so we can scan down the page and see what everyone is interested in, and emailed it off. I chose the more private wiki that I have to 'invite' others to view and add to.

This was harder than I thought. I created the first entry, and then went back and couldn't find it. (ha) Then I had to hand enter the email addresses because I did this at school and my personal address book is not on the Internet or this computer.

I could use this in many ways at school; asking for input on what should be included in Open Houses, Scholarship Nights, Orientations to each grade at the beginning of school, etc. I think at least 4 other teachers would be able to add, but most of our teachers would not know what to do with a wiki.

Maybe another staff meeting presentation??????

No comments:

Post a Comment