Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Thing 7 RSS and news feeds

Well it took me a while to figure the Reader out, but then in adding to my subscriptions I found that the reader is just about the same as my iGoogle homepage - because I use the same RSS feeds to 'populate' my homepage. So I don't know that I will use the reader as all the new items already show up on my homepage. BBC news, our superintendent's blog, Jon Stewart's (Ok OK) local weather, Hulu blog, my horoscope, Twitter gadget, Google Technology, Gmail, the Onion, etc.

Is there some advantage to using the Reader instead of having everything feed to my homepage?

But I appreciated the simplicity of the plain English video:) Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your thoughts and reflection. You will find that once you start using RSS readers as your normal way of getting info, you will never go back to the old surfing habits we have grown up with.

    ReplyDelete