Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Thing 9 Wiki Wiki

So i had a hard time sitting and reading all the wiki info - i kept linking to another page and better examples. After I got through the historical stuff IE wikipedia is the biggest and started in 2001, I thought a lot about my 'control' problem and how that really can't operate in wikiville. I then started reading Meredith Farkas. She IS great (and you had her indirectly linked at least 4 times). Her article on ALA Wiki had excellent tips (need structure, post so no one else feels they have to be 'first', and have a very specific purpose). I checked out the Ann Arbor Wiki 'Arborwiki' which was a lot like 'rocwiki'. I noticed some wiki's I tried to check out were gone!! "The Teacher's Lounge".
Then I got to the WikiMatrix.org and answered the questions and it came up with a list of 20 wiki's that matched my criteria:
Okay. You want a hosted offer with a page history using your own domain and which allows your own corporate branding.
The following 20 Wikis match your criteria:
BrainKeeper, BusinessWiki, CentralDesktop, ClearWiki, Confluence, EditMe, Intodit, Metadot Wiki, MindTouch, Netcipia, PBwiki, SamePage, SeedWiki, Socialtext, Wagn, (f) Wetpaint, (f) Wikia, Wikidot, Wikispaces (f) and Zoho Wiki (f)

Based on the results - I liked the features of Wetpaint!! Can't wait for Thing 10!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment