Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Thing 19 Social Bookmarking

Tagging - You're it!
This is great, so often i am at school and what to access my bookmarks at home or vice vs. I have 'tagged' photos on facebook and Picasa so it seems strange to tag bookmarks. But I am eager for Thing 20 to try it out. I already added the button to Firefox, but haven't begun bookmarking - I'll wait for Thing 20:)
The concept is great, I just don't know if I will want others accessing my bookmarks. Stocks I am interested in, real estate I am checking out, some of my bookmarks reflect personal things I don't want other people to know about. Like if I was investigating a new illness and wanted to bookmark all the research sites; maybe that should remain confidential.
I am a little hesitant to start tagging, after reading the 'thirteen tips' article. What if my brain doesn't sync with others? What if what I see in a site is way off base or not even what I might notice the second time I visit the same site? When the article suggested changing the food tag to cooking - wheww! That's me, running ahead with an idea and then backtracking to correct it.
Oh the trauma sometimes of venturing into the new.....

No comments:

Post a Comment