Friday, June 26, 2009

Thing 3 - 7 1/2

So watching 7 1/2, hmmmmmmm, since my principal/superintendent started us working on #1 last year - teach with the end in mind - decide the essential question first! - I guess really MY easiest is a combination of #2, #7 and #71/2. Way back I realized I loved teaching/sharing fun things; like geocaching, blogging, texting, listing on ebay or craig's list, photosharing (picasa), etc. Just last night I walked 2 50 something adults through the process of sending their cell phone pictures to their home emails. And I had them laughing (and holding their own cells) while they learned. There is so much out there to learn!! And it is fun. The hardest thing for me is #3 - specifically the problem of balancing technology time with face to face people time. I think we all can spend way too much time in front of the computer and not enough time walking with friends, sitting on the sofa and holding hands and talking, or just dropping by to give someone a hug. Students I connect with by facebook or email response - but when I drop by their house in the summer - Wow - they light up. So I get frustrated between choices of things to put my time into.

1 comment:

  1. I completed my education degree thru an online university. During my courses we had a lot of conversations about the balancing of technology and the face-face encounters especially with the now tech native students. Looking way into the future will we be teaching "Social Skills 101 - How to communicate w/o technology"?

    ReplyDelete